Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Diamondback Chicken Pasta

Today's recipe came about because we don't ever get to go to restaurants any more. There was a wonderful Mexican place in the KC area that we frequented and I would often get their Rattlesnake Pasta. This is my take on it. I have to say this is the closest I have ever come to replicating a dish on taste alone. This also includes a Tastefully Simple Fall/Winter product, as well as something from the standard line.

I should also tell you that the first time I made this I did not have enough for everyone to have the thirds they were requesting so this is the recipe doubled. It probably would feed eight adults easily, but my hubby says it is even better the second day!

Diamondback Chicken Pasta

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 to 2/3 tequila
1Tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper
olive oil
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red onion
8 oz cream cheese
1 packet Viva Garlic! Alfredo Sauce Mix (Tastefully Simple)
1 pint heavy cream
1 stick of butter
approx. 1/2 c milk
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp Fiesta Party Mix (Tastefully Simple)
2 bags of bow tie pasta, cooked

Marinate the chicken breasts with the tequila,lime and season with salt and pepper. I always like to marinate in a ziploc. Marinate for at least 1/2 an hour.

Grill chicken breasts, 10-15 min each side. Slice peppers and onion in half, brush with olive oil, and place on grill. Grill 3-5 min each side.

In a saucepan, combine heavy cream, cream cheese and butter over medium low heat, stirring often. When cream cheese and butter are melted, add the Alfredo sauce mix, Fiesta Party Mix and Parmesan cheese. Continue to stir. Add milk to reach a good consistency. I don't like it too thick, but like for it to coat the noodles well.

Combine noodles and sauce. Slice grilled chicken breasts and thinly sliced peppers and onions. Add to noodles or place on top of each serving.


I am new to creating recipes, and honestly, I do a lot of the 'dump' method. So please let me know what I need to explain or correct. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does!!

1 comment:

Heidi Winter Tracht said...

Kris, Your recipes sound soooo yummy. Can you come and make them for me? :)