Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chicken Lasagna

Ok, before I begin I need to apologize for being so late with this post. Too much has been going on for me to sit down and recall how I made this. Please forgive me. Also, I can never remember to take pictures, but I hope to do some baking today and I will try to remember to take pictures of that. I am also working on an instruction post to show you how I made the bugs on my first post for this blog.

Alright, I am ready to begin my recipe. I will keep it simple. Remember the last two times I have made this I was catering, so I didn't make my homemade alfredo sauce. I am going to share the recipe for this lasagna using store-bought alfredo, if you would like my recipe let me know and I will post it.

Chicken Lasagna

3 cups shredded chicken ( I usually just boil and shred one whole chicken)
1 10oz frozen box of chopped spinach, thawed and wrung out in a clean towl
10-12 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 of a purple onion, finely chopped
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
3-4 cups mozzerella cheese, shredded
1 jar of alfredo sauce, if you love garlic, the garlic alfredo is very good
6 lazagna noodles

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. In a large pot or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Saute until onion is transparent, add spinach. Once spinach is heated through add chicken and alfredo sauce. Heat until warm.

Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of alfredo mixture on bottom of pan. Next layer 1 cup of cheese. Then layer 3 lasagna noodles. Follow with 1/3 alfredo mixture, then cheese, then 3 lasagna noodles. Finish with the final 1/3 of alfredo and top with cheese, you may add more cheese to this last layer if you choose. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for roughly one hour. You may take the aluminum off for the last 5-10 minutes to brown the top of the lasagna.

I hope you enjoy. As I have said, most of these recipes are mine and I rarely measure, unless I am baking. That is what I love about cooking, I can create something different all of the time. I also like to make this alfredo sauce and use bowtie pasta and toasted pine nuts! Yum!!

2 comments:

Heidi Winter Tracht said...

Okay, I have everything for this except a purple onion (a sweet onion will have to do) and I am going to try this tonight. I'll let you know!

Heidi Winter Tracht said...

Ohhhh - that was really good and really easy!!! I used whole wheat lasagna noodles, 1/2 mozzarella cheese and 1/2 an Italian cheese blend. I also did not have quite as much garlic as you listed and only a yellow onion. I will definitely make this again using more garlic and the purple onion. Thanks for sharing!