Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mr. Domestic!

Recently, my dearest husband decided he wanted salsa, not fresh salsa like we had been making, but homemade (canned) salsa.  Salsa he can eat on for quite awhile.  Well, he has proven to be quite the canner!  You see, I have never canned a day in my life and did not know the first thing about canning, so he offered to make and can the salsa himself.  Which I let him do as any good wife would, right?

He spoke to his favorite salsa maker and got her recipe and then called her several times during the process.  It was so great to sit back and watch him.  I am very proud of him!  I bought him lots of tomatoes at the Farmer's Market and onions and jalapenos.  The only other thing we needed to purchase was canning jars.  So, without further ado . . . here he is . . . Mr. Domestic

Showing me how to check the tomatoes.
Peeling and dicing the tomatoes.

Making sure it is spicy enough.

Sterilizing the jars.

Tightening the lids as only a gladiator can.

And finally, sealing the jars.

I just love a man who can build a kitchen and then can in said kitchen!  I am very blessed.  And if you are wondering, his salsa has gotten rave reviews and there are only 6 jars left!

Please stop by Foodbuzz and vote for me here.  I hope to make it to round two of their food blogger competition.  The winner (after 10 rounds) receives $10,000 and  will be featured in a special section on Foodbuzz for an entire year!  Thank you for voting. 


No comments: